Program benefits include:
- Loan amounts between $10,000 and $50,000
- Repayment up to 48 months at 4% APR and up to 60 months at 5% APR
- No payment for 90 days
We are offering loans of $10,000 to $50,000 to Gilbert business owners, up to a total of $5 million. This program will conclude either on June 30, 2021 or when all of the funds have been awarded, whichever comes first.
Lending criteria includes:
- Business must have been in Gilbert as of March 11, 2020, and continue to be in Gilbert as of the date of the loan
- Business must have successfully operated for at least 2 years (does not need to have been in Gilbert for 2 years)
- Business owner must meet a minimum credit score requirement of 640
- Business owner will provide a personal guarantee of the loan
- Business must be current on all federal, state and local taxes
- Business must have been negatively financially affected by recent COVID-19 related restrictions
- Business owner must agree to terms of the loan agreement, including using loan proceeds for specified purposes
- Applicant is solely responsible for understanding the legal implications of securing a loan under the program, including but not limited to the effect of any loan on applicant’s eligibility for any other loan, grant, or other forms of financial assistance, and agrees to hold Desert Financial Credit Union harmless from and against any such effects
- Business must have an active Business License through the Town of Gilbert Business Licensing Division. If business does not have a Gilbert Business License, or License is not current, business must be brought into compliance by obtaining a Gilbert Business License prior to applying. Please visit https://www.gilbertaz.gov/business/business-registration-and-licensing
After completing the interest form on this page and meeting the eligibility requirements, our business specialists will guide you through the application process. Please review the information below so that you can have your documents ready in advance.
Loan Application Steps:
- Complete the interest form on this webpage
- Complete program application via phone with Desert Financial Credit Union
- Agree to standard credit check
- Provide a personal guarantee
- Provide information on net business income, number of employees, and any additional documentation requested by Desert Financial Credit Union
- If a loan is awarded, establish a business account with Desert Financial Credit Union
Funds may be used to cover employee payroll, rent, essential business supplies and other operating expenses. Loans will be awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis to qualified applicants.